Today, I am back on the SHOW US WHERE YOU LIVE Tour, over at Kelly's Korner!
This is KITCHEN DAY! And I have to say, I am SUPER stoked to show off this transformation. We have, at this point, changed every room and closet in our home since we moved in a few years ago. But the kitchen is, by far, the biggest (and my favorite) transformation!!! Hope you enjoy the results.
And this might make you enjoy them more....we only spent about $8,000 on this kitchen AND our bamboo floors that go throughout the house (except the bedrooms). I will point out how below...
WOW! I still can't believe the results when I look at the pictures side by side!
These pantry cabinets were the best thing we did! It added so much storage, and because they have sliding shelves inside, there is NO wasted space! The slide out shelves are one of the smartest "while we are at it" moments we had...
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
We love our breakfast bar!!!
Are you just on the floor!!!!????!!!!
- Now, here is where we saved...and splurged....
- The Cabinets: BIG SAVE! They are stock cabinets from Lowes (but the doors are solid wood, and they are the same quality construction as my parent's-which cost about 50k!!!). Because my dad is handy, we were able to make them fit with a few custom pieces that he built (like a wine rack- that was not complete in these pictures). Also, we got a 10% discount on them (military discount).
- The Tile: SAVE/SAVE/SPLURGE: The granite tile on the countertops was a BIG SAVE. We got it for $1/sqft at an estate sale that a builder was hosting. SCORE! I found the same tile at a local tile company selling for $12.00/sqft! The backsplash tile is just a nice, neutral ceramic (BIG SAVE) and we used an expensive glass tile as an accent (SPLURGE @ $25.00/sqft) but because we used it sparingly, we didn't spend as much, and pretty much got the same look as, kitchens that have the glass all over the backsplash.
- Appliances: SAVE. Yes. They are white. I know. BUT when we moved in, our stove was brand new, as was the fridge. The dishwasher needed to be replaced, and we needed an "above the stove" microwave. So we kept the white, and got the new white appliances we needed, which were cheaper. Stainless would have been nice, but a little above the neighborhood, so maybe next time. (I am really jonesing for a kitchen with oil rubbed bronze appliances- gasp!!! Have you seen those??? Be still my heart...)
- Labor: HUGE HUGE HUGE SAVE (thank you Daddy!): I am very blessed with a dad who is retired and VERY handy. So we did all of the labor, every stinkin' bit of it, ourselves. Mostly my dad. Cole was out of town for 95% of this, and I found out I was pregnant the day that we ripped up the floors. So mostly my dad. :)
Hope you enjoyed the tour, and see you next time!!!
Remember, I LOVE new followers and comments!!! :)