Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Girl...

Ava is my daughter. She was born on February 11th, 2010, and is absolutely the most precious thing in my life, along with my amazing husband. Together, they make up my family, and I thank the Lord each day for blessing me with them.


Ava is almost 9 months old, and I honestly don't know where the time went??? It seems like just yesterday she was born, and we were struggling through those first few months...boy, I remember thinking that I would never get another full nights sleep again! And just the other night, she let her momma sleep in until 10am! And I was the one who got her up! The girl likes her sleep (at night, anyway! She only takes one nap a day, and it is slowly getting shorter I think-ugh).


Today we went and voted, then went to WalMart. Everywhere we go, here is what people say, in this order...


"Oh what a pretty baby!"

"She is so happy!"

"You are so lucky to have such a happy baby!"




And I am. There are several people I know, mostly family members, that try to compare Ava with other babies. And this used to really upset me. REALLY upset me. Because I feel like, Ava is not a cow in the county fair, she is not to be compared with other kids. She is her own being, and I want to raise her to know that it doesn't matter what other people think of her. That the LORD made her in His likeness, she is so special, so unique, and no matter what, her daddy and I will love her until our last breath, and beyond! But I have gotten over some of that. I think mostly because (and this is my earthly pride talking, I know...) but Ava is the happiest, most carefree little baby I have ever seen! And others tend to agree. Just today, a lady working the polls commented on how she had never seen such a happy baby. She just smiles from morning until night. No joke. Aside from a few times that she was sick, I haven't heard a full on CRY in months! Probably since about 4 months old. And then, at night, she just goes to sleep. I know she may not always be this way, and she does have a stubborn streak (that was inevitable with me as her mother! HAHA!). But I am SO blessed with such a wonderful, easy baby! (Please Lord, let her wake up the same happy baby! HAHA!)




Here are just some random pictures from the past few weeks....








Ava, and her typical smile!




Modeling some of her new clothes I ordered for her. She LOVES to dress up! Ever since she was tiny, she has loved to have her clothes changed!


Eating kiwi fruit out of a chewy bag! I really need to video and post what she does when she sees one of these things coming. Her face is just priceless! It is just sheer desire and need! HAHA!



Ava and her good buddy (and fur brother) Hugo. Both of the dogs are great with Ava, each in there own way. Wesley learned early on to stay out of her reach (which is becoming more difficult with her new-found mobility), but he is uber-protective of her. If someone other than me is holding her, he sits and watches their every move! Hugo is her playmate. He is careful not to let her get a fist full of hair or ears (it still happens some) but they have different games that they play. Their favorite is where he bites at her feet (he doesn't bite down- don't worry) and she laughs and kicks. When that game is done, she holds her feet up and he licks her toes, and she giggles hysterically! It is too funny!




This is the smile that greets me every morning. I also have started getting a hug and a kiss when I pick her up. This particular morning, I found her wearing her blanket (most mornings she has covered herself somehow). She just looked too funny! A little mother Theresa-like! HAHA!



1 comments:

Cara Beth said...

She really is so happy! Miss you, girl!