Friday, October 29, 2010

Pottery Barn copies Target???

Okay, I L-O-V-E me some Pottery Barn. My wallet (and therefore, my husband) don't always share the same adoration for our favorite over-priced-but-oh-so-grand retailer.

(sidebar) I have been dreaming about giving my living room a little umph here lately. I don't know if, now that I have finally pretty much finished getting my house decorated, I feel the need to start from the beginning again? Or what? But it has just been feeling a little dreary in there. I don't want to go all out and buy new furniture because we will not be in this house forever. And our furniture is in decent shape, it holds up well to stains (and with two dogs and a baby is a GOOD thing!), and it fits the space pretty well because it is on a smaller scale. I think it will be great to put in a den or family room in our next home, if we have such a space.

So, back to PB. I was dreaming about a rug for our living room, since the one we have is a hand-me-down and doesn't fit the space all that well. I have been drooling over this beauty for quite some time... (I don't need diamonds. Give me home decor!!!)


It has all the right colors, but is still light and airy and would just be PERFECT!!! But it is also $700 for the size I would need. And YIKES! I just have a hard time paying that much knowing my dogs will roll around on it and my kids will play and be messy on it. I really want a house that is comfortable and that I am not too worried about spills and messes. Life is just too short...
But as I was scrolling down, looking at the other PB rug beauties, I saw this guy....


Nice, right??? I fell in love right away. I couldn't put my finger on why. Until my dog made a noise, and I looked over into the kitchen to see what the rascal was into. And I caught a glimpse of my kitchen rugs. That is why I like this one so much. Because they are almost identical!!!

Now my kitchen rugs came from Target. They are small, but they do make larger area rugs in the same pattern. I tried to get a good picture for you, but Target's website wasn't cooperating with me. So this was the best I could do...


Pitiful. I know. But you can go here and see the full image.

I am going to go stalk the Target website for a look-alike for my Emerson rug...

LATER PEEPS!












0 comments: