Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wish me luck....


I plan on starting (and hopefully finishing) Ava's birthday banner tonight. I don't know why I am so nervous about this. It is literally going to be made out of less than $20 worth of scrapbook paper and ribbon. I have an $80 canvas I am painting for her birthday, too (granted I got it on sale), but am I nervous about that? Noooo! No, I am nervous about doing the dinky little paper banner that I plan on hanging outside the building. Why? Because I have never done this before. And although I consider myself to be a crafty person, I am not an altogether patient person. In fact, I have discovered that if something doesn't come naturally to me, I tend to abandon it as quickly as I picked it up. Now if I show a natural talent in an area, and enjoy it, I am relentless in my pursuit of perfection- until I get bored. :)




So one of two things will be said in my next blog post...



A. I will proudly and triumphantly (but with great modesty and humility that a southern lady should always have) show off the birthday banner.



OR



B. I will, with disgust and shame, admit my defeat and come up with something else to hang outside the door.



Only time will tell! So...



Wish me luck!!!

:)

3 comments:

GREG AND JANICE said...

Rachel! I didn't know you were a blogger! I'm not sure exactly how I came across your blog, but I'm glad I found it! If the banner goes well, you need to show how you did it because I want to make one, and I don't have a clue how. Hope you are doing well!!

Lauren@ Not Your Average Southern Belle said...

A canvas is way more work than a banner... and any imperfections on that type of banner end up looking really cute and "on purpose" :)

The Brewers said...

Thanks Lauren!!!

Janice! How are you??? Glad you found me! I will def post how to's and pictures when it is done!!!