Monday, June 22, 2009

Sunday Blessings...a day late

So yesterday was Father's Day, and I was busy with family and didn't get a chance to write my Sunday blessings. So here they are on Monday. Which I figure is okay, because no matter the day of the week, the blessings are all wonderful gifts from our Lord!

*First of all, for my father. He is the most talented and wonderful man I know (aside from Cole, of course!). He would give someone the shirt off of his back if they needed it. And the man can do ANYTHING!!! If you don't believe me, just look at the pictures of my kitchen. He did that. ALL of it!!!

*For Cole. He isn't a father yet, but on Fathers day, I think about how lucky I am to have him and how there isn't another man in the world I would rather have to be the father of my children. I know he worries about how much he is away from home and how much that will impact our children, but I tell him that he will be a better dad in the time he is home than many men are who are at home full time!

*For my grandfathers. Both are now deceased, and it breaks my heart to know that they are gone, but at the same time, it gives me great joy to know that I will see them again in Heaven someday! This was just the second fathers day without my PaJim, who passed away early last year. And I especially miss him. He was my "special" grandparent, and I will always cherish the memories and love that he gave me.

*For our good friend, "S" on his first Father's day as a new dad! This is such a sweet time. The adoption will be final TOMORROW at 5, so please continue to lift them up in prayer. They need it!

*And most of all, for our Heavenly Father. He has given us life, freedom, and salvation. His sacrifice has made Heaven possible for us, and gives us hope beyond this world. Thank you, Father, for all you have given to me and my family, and for each day you allow us to remain on this earth together. Praise be to God!

PS- One other praise that has nothing to do with fathers... My friend Jessica and her husband Alan just returned from a mission trip to Kenya. I haven't talked to Jess yet, but from the pictures, it looks like they had a great time and many people heard about and accepted Christ! Amen!!!

0 comments: