Monday, June 22, 2009

Show Us Where You Live- Master Bedroom


Well, it's FRIDAY again! And that means another fun party over at Kelly's Korner! Today is Show Us Where You Live- Master Bed Rooms. I have to say, our Master is probably my favorite room in our home. I feel so calm and relaxed when I go in there...it is like my own personal oasis! I hope you enjoy the tour as much as I enjoy the room.



First, a peek into what it looked like BEFORE...all white (flat, I might add...) walls, and the "staging" was nice too! The one part I did like, the drapes, didn't convey with the house. Oh well, I found some that are nicer that look just about the same.




I am nost sure why these came out so small. Oh well. Here is our room now...this is as you walk in the door-
Looking at the bed. Again, not sure why so small...or yellow?
Our anniversary gift to each other last year. A new TV. The little table was a STEAL at a local furniture outlet for only $35.00! It is real wood and has a slate top! Not damaged or anything. Just discontinued! Painting the white cord cover the same color as the wall is on my to-do list. I just haven't gotten there yet!

This is a cloth map that my husband brought home after serving in Iraq. I had it mounted in a frame and surprised him with it.

This is my side of the bed. I love my lamps!
This is the hubs side. Our night stands are not usually this clean and tidy. Mine usually has sonic cups (at least 2) on it, and his is usually covered with change and papers. Because he is a man and can't figure out all of the hand storage items I get for him. *SIGH*
This is our dresser. I love it, but it doesn't have as much storage as you would think. Or as we need. Or maybe I just have too many clothes! At any rate, when we bought our furniture, we were still in the apartment we lived in when we first got married, so now that we have a house and a nice big bedroom, we are going to get the chest of drawers that matches. It is what I asked for for my birthday (which is in August, by the way...). :)
This is the hubs side of the dresser. It is usually a hot mess. He was out of town when this was taken, so it wasn't so bad. His puzzle ring and "spare" flight watch are there, along with the paperwork basket and change holder I have for him that he can't figure out how to use. No one ever told me that men were so messy. I just thought it was my dad. And pilots are worse I think because they have so much STUFF!!! Sorry...I have spent all week dealing with his pilot stuff everywhere as we get ready to move back into our kitchen in a few weeks.
This is my side. My change bowl and jewelry box that my grandpa gave me the last Christmas he was alive. Don't you just love the candlesticks?!?! They were a wedding gift that we didn't register for, but they are probably one of my favorites! I just think they are beautiful. They are lead crystal and SO awesome when the light hits them!
And finally I thought I would show you the occupants of our bed when we are not in it...our pups Wesley and Hugo. Hugo is the black/tan Brussells Griffion, and Wesley is the white Westie mix. Don't be fooled...they occupy our bed when we ARE in it too!!! PS- Hugo helps with the blog. He sits in my lap as I type and sometimes even trys his hand at the keyboard. Although paws are not good for the small keys!!!
Hope you enjoyed our tour!!! Please feel free to comment and follow! I love meeting new people and making new friends!!!

Rachel


4 comments:

Katrina said...

Your bedroom looks beautiful and relaxing.

Heather said...

Your bedroom is so pretty! I love the colors!! great job!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Ha... the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the first photo was, "move that bed between the windows". Glad to see you did just that... good move!

Melissa Stover said...

i love maps! how neat to have one of cloth.