Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Playing Catch Up

Life around the holidays is always so busy! I hate that too, because I feel like I spend so much of my time rushing around that I never really get to enjoy the season! But, that is just the way it goes I guess!

We hosted Thanksgiving here, and everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves and complimented me on what a lovely meal it was. I think they were just being nice! HA! Honestly, now that I am kind of back in the "grove" of things since the diagnosis, I don't feel as overwhelmed by everyday tasks. Don't get me wrong, I am still not ready to take on a bunch of extra projects, but I don't feel like my home life is caving in on me like I did. And that is good- starting to feel a little like myself again.

I took some pictures of Ava's room after straightening it up for Thanksgiving. I don't think I have ever posted pictures of her room before. All of the bedrooms in this house are HUGE (one of the reasons we love it so much) so I can't get all of her room in one shot, but here are just some different angles...

This is on the far wall as you walk in...

This is by the door.

Here is the book nook with my little angel playing in the corner! ;) She has three big windows on the wall facing the door. Not sure why I didn't take a picture of those. I love all of the light that they let in when we open the blinds!

The guest bathroom. My mom made the shower curtain (I stole the idea from my friend Whitney). I love that it goes all the way to the crown moulding!
 Below are some cute pictures I snapped of Ava. I tried to get a good one to maybe use for our Christmas card. Epic fail! I am a horrible photographer! Oh well!


Sweet girl!

by the tree

being a "toot"

This one cracks me up! That face!

Sitting "big girl" style. She has started sitting in a little chair at therapy and working on things at a table, and she will now sit in her little chair at home! Love it!!!

silly girl!

happy angel

she looks unhappy, but she was actually in the process of telling me a "story"

Really, with those faces, who needs words!!!! I can just imagine her saying "no more, mommy! no more!"


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

0 comments: