Friday, December 9, 2011

Becoming Aware

I am sorry I haven't written in a bit. With Thanksgiving then getting sick, things have just been crazy! Shortly after Thanksgiving, I came down with a little cold that, in true Rachel-December fashion, turned into a sinus infection. Then this week, our entire family came down with an awful stomach bug. So this week has just been a total wash. Thankfully I think we are all on the mend now (knock on wood). Cole is on duty at work today after missing the last two days. Poor guy, but thankfully they were pretty understanding with him. I am sure they don't want this mess either! He said he feels much better today and even ate a burrito. Which still sounds gross to me (and I was sick Tuesday night) but I definitely got the worst case. Ava got the most mild case, thankfully!

I am running short on time, and will write more soon. But I just wanted to say, if you are not doing anything tomorrow evening, to be sure and watch NBC at 7 CST! The first ever American Giving Awards will be aired, and during the show, Collin Farrell (who has a son with AS) will be featured along with the Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics! This is an amazing awareness opportunity for the Angelman Syndrome community, and I ask that you all tune in and help spread the word! What I really want people to understand is that the therapeutic treatments for AS possibly (likely, actually) have a much wider application. Other neurological disorders like Autism and Alzheimer's will likely be positively impacted by the research!

So tune in and watch tomorrow, December 10th, on NBC!!! I have my DVR set and can't wait!!!

0 comments: