Monday, December 12, 2011

Merry Christmas- Home Decor Style

This is our first Christmas in our new home, and as excited as I was to decorate for the holidays, I knew that

A. I have a toddler who also has special needs- the combination of which makes many decorations impractical for my sanity.

B. I have like, ZERO time to decorate these days.

C. The decorations that FILLED our old house don't really go as far in our new, larger home! HA!

So I kept to the Army's motto of KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid!)!!! But I think it is festive in a very livable and comfortable type of way! So without further ado, here is our Christmas 2011....

Ava's tree in her room. One of these days, I am going to get a tree skirt for her!

Entry table. I meant to wrap baby Jesus. Haven't gotten to that yet. But we want to start a family tradition of unwrapping Jesus and placing Him in the nativity as the last gift that is opened on Christmas Eve (which is when we do our family Christmas)

I love this Nativity! Got it on sale at HobLob last year after Christmas and it was the first thing I put out this year!

This was the wreath that was on our front door last year. I painted a canvas this year. Not sure I am going to keep this much longer, but I thought it was a pretty wreath, and really did look good on our old black door with brushed nickel hardware! Now it just dresses up the never used coat closet!

I painted these today while I was working on a HOG canvas for someone. I had the colors out and needed something for this table. Turned out pretty cute! The white has glitter.

Sideboard in the dining room where I serve desserts or drinks for parties.

Our tree in the dining room. I love having a house where our tree can be seen from the street!

Please ignore all of my Christmas serving dishes- I am getting ready to host Bunko this week! The three big trees are the only things that live on our table. Got them at Kirklands for $18 (ALL THREE OF THEM!) I was stoked!

Mantle. It has lights, which I didn't plug in (obviously).

My kitchen memo board, which I have a verse on for each season. And my cute Santa! Love him!

I have bar place mats for each season too! Brings a little fun to the kitchen!

Table runner for the breakfast table. It is reversible (as are the place mats)- with ornaments on one side and the stripes on the other. FUN!

Christmas Dish Towels. You can tell we use the top oven the most! HA!

Card wreath hanging on the pantry door! Love it!
Hope you enjoyed our little Christmas tour! Merry Christmas to you and yours!!! God bless you all!

1 comments:

Lori said...

Everything looks great! I love your Nativity too! Hope y'all have a very blessed Christmas!