Monday, November 7, 2011

Thankful

There has been a big movement on Facebook recently, for everyone to post each day what they are thankful for. I decided not to participate because I was worried that some days, I just wouldn't feel very thankful. Well, so far November has been so filled to the brim with blessings of all kinds that I thought I should join up a little late, and thought that my blog would be a great place to post my "catch up" thankfulness!!!

November 1: I am thankful for my incredible God, who has blessed my family and I beyond measure. He sent His only Son to die for my sins and the sins of the world, and as a parent, I have a small glimpse of the sacrifice and love for the world- for US- that that must have taken.

November 2: I am thankful for my amazing family. I love them more than I could ever put into words, and my life is rich because of them. My husband is an incredible father and provider, and I don't know what I did to deserve such a wonderful partner. And of course my Angel. Ava is the light of my life and my heart overflows with love for that sweet girl! She may not ever know or understand how much I love her,  but I pray that she feels it each and every day!

November 3: I am thankful for my awesome friends! They cheer me up when I am down, they love me when I am sad, they carry me when I am weak. They have been amazingly supportive over the past month and I am not sure I could have made it without them.

November 4: I am so thankful for the beautiful home that the Lord has blessed us with. It meets all of our needs so well, and is a clean and safe place for us to be a family. I know that this is just our "temporary" home, made of brick and wood. But it means so much to us and I am thankful that it is ours. Well, ours and the banks! HA!

November 5: I am thankful for answered prayer. We had a HUGE and AMAZING answer to prayer happen on the 3rd, and I will share with you when I can (already have the post written- just waiting for the right time!) but it was something that we had been praying for for a long time. And the answer had always been "no" until that day. And that day- really that week- we saw the LORD just open door after door and lay out a path for us like never before. It was AWESOME to see God work in such a tangible way!

November 6: This is in with day two, I know, but I am thankful for my parents. They give so much of their time and talents to help my sister and I, and we are so blessed beyond measure to have them. They sacrificed so much for us growing up, and I pray that they know what a blessing they are to us.

November 7: I am thankful for my health, and the general good health of my family. So many people are struggling with sickness or pain, and I am so thankful that the Lord has given me a fully functioning body so that I can take care of my child. And I pray for continued good health for us all.

Whew! there! Caught- up! I must say, there is so much to be thankful for right now, this might just run into December!!! HA!

I can't wait to share my good news with you! It is something that, in a few weeks time, will drastically change our lives (for the better, I am sure) and I am just giddy with joy!!!!

0 comments: