Friday, March 18, 2011

Here We Go *AGAIN* (Color Update)

Well, I did it. I made a color selection. *Shudder* I think. Oh, I don't know. I am suddenly second guessing myself! Which, with a third trip to Lowes in as many days and a gallon of freshly mixed Valspar/ Allen+Roth Evening Stroll sitting in my garage, is not good! But I am going to do it. And see what happens. Worse case scenario, I just repaint. Again. Ugh....

So I tried to find a color swatch to show you, but alas, the color is new (as I guess all Allen+Roth Valspar paints are, since they were NO WHERE on the Valspar website!). So you will just get to see my sample wall #2. #1 was all rejects. Bleh.



Now these are mostly still wet in the picture, so the colors are all a little deeper except the top left. But my color choice, Evening Stroll, is top center.
I really wanted something more blue than green, but that still had green in it. I was a little worried when I posted this picture on Facebook, and my "real life" friends all picked another color. In fact, EVERY OTHER COLOR except the one I liked. But I thought to myself, "Self, it is your room, and you see it in person and not on a computer screen via an iPhone photo, so you have to decide." So I went for it. And my choice was confirmed when one of my most stylish friends, Kristin, agreed with me! Not that I don't think all of my beautiful friends are stylish, but seriously. If you saw pictures of Kristin's house, you would swear it was an episode of HGTV or some design magazine. :) Hi Kristin!
So now I just have to paint. Ugh. I considered doing it today. I may still. I have a couple of hours before Ava gets up from nap, and a few hours between her bedtime and mine. But I have been working like a dog around the house the last few days and just kind of want a break. Plus I have a ton of laundry to fold and put away, and that is an easy "sit on the couch and watch TV chore." So painting might be Sunday. Tomorrow is supposed to be super nice and not too warm (like 72) so I am going to mulch my last remaining flowerbed tomorrow. That is the plan, anyway!
Have a wonderful weekend!!! And, if you are in Arkansas, can you believe this weather?!?!?! Enjoy it!!!!!!

Oh, and by the way, I officially started weight watchers about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and I have lost SIX pounds!!! WHOO HOOOO! I still have a long way to go before I reach my overall goal, but I am so excited about this!!! Good motivation to keep going!!! Sorry, just had to celebrate!!! :)

2 comments:

Kristin Wood said...

Awe! You are too kind!! I can't wait to see how the paint color looks! I absolutely hate picking paint colors myself. I can't tell you how many times I've repainted. Not to mention how difficult it is to find something that pleases both me and my strong opinioned husband!! ha!

Carrie Serna said...

I just picked this color-wondering how you like it today?