Friday, July 10, 2009

Show Us Where You Live- Foyers and Entryways





Well, here we are again...another exciting edition of Show Us Where You Live over at Kelly's Korner. I am a little later than I like to be, but oh well! Hope you enjoy the tour...Welcome to the Brewers!!!


This is our entry way as you walk up the sidewalk to the house. I haven't decided if I like it or if it is cluttered. Thoughts?

The great front door "wreath" that I got at Scribbleitonline.com for only $10!!! Can you believe that!!! If you get married, this is going to be a wedding gift from us from now on!!! ;)

Our beautiful Gerber Daisies that are so happy! They are a variety (I don't remember the name) that have pointed petals instead of rounded ones. So cute!!

My latest Tuesday Morning find. It was only $15! I couldn't pass it up!!! The rug is Home Depot or Lowes...can't remember which!

The star used to be above my fireplace, but I wanted something out here, so I got a little hanging basket that has a Texas star on it and some fake foliage, and presto! there it is.

Now on the the interior of our home...the foyer. This foyer opens up to the living room. Here is the before picture of the foyer. Very plain...except for the nice brass tiny light fixture!!!

It was hard to take a good picture of the whole foyer, so I hope you get the idea. We painted above the chair rail red (I don't know the exact color, and preggo is too lazy to walk to the garage to look, but if you have to know, just ask!) and below the chair rail is our Bradstreet Beige from Ben Moore. We used Bradstreet or Brookline Beige (one shade deeper) in our whole house. Great neutrals!

This is my Cross Wall. I have seen this done in other's homes, and loved the idea. I finally got the time to do it. Thankfully, HobLob was having a 50% off sale on ironworks and ceramics, so I literally spent half of what I could have! Hubs liked that. I had two already...I think the whole project cost me about $45 or so.

Notice our beautiful bamboo floors that we put down recently! I love them. We laid them in every room except the bedrooms (which we kept carpet) and the laundry (which we kept tile). The light fixture is part of the collection that our dining room chandeler and the light above our bar came from. My dad (who is 6'6'') hits his head on it all the time. Everyone else loves it!

Here is a picture with the light off, so you can see the fixture a little better.
Hope you enjoyed the Brewer's home!!! Come back and visit any time!!!!

Rachel

3 comments:

Heather said...

I LOVE your sign on your front door!! I think I am going to check out that website! Love your entryway and I love all those crosses!

Renae said...

Love the cross wall-I'm going to do that to the wall in my entry way as well. I will for sure be going to Hobby Lobby for the crosses. They always have a sale! I think I'm going to go online and order that signage.

Kristin said...

How pretty. I love that black door with the pretty ribbon and name plate. The plants are really pretty too. Love your cross collection.