Thursday, July 16, 2009

New Dining Room Table

Well...I did it. I bought a new dining room table and chairs. And for my thrift store friends...please don't think less of me. I bought it new. *gasp!* BUT...it was discontinued! That has to count for something! My dining room is very french country. At least I want it to be. I love French Country design, and have only recently decided to take the leap into putting it in my home. I started with the dining room because I thought the plates we have go nicely with the scheme. Here they are...I personally think the photo I took is much better than the one I pulled from Bed Bath and Beyond. Maybe it is my wall color. Which is Ben Moore Aegean Teal. Love it! Below the chair rail is my Ben Moore Bradstreet Beige.




This is the dining room before. Well, sort of. It was before our remodel, but also before my window treatments. They are a light cream color. FYI. My original plan was to paint my table and get new chairs. But after pricing the chairs (GOODNESS they are expensive!) and finding out I was pregnant (I had planned on spray painting the table), I decided that a new set was better. The reason behind the new set was two fold. Reason #1: Our new floors are very light bamboo...like almost the color of our table light! Not so good!


And this is Reason #2 for wanting a new table. I found this sideboard at an estate sale for $200!!! It is a broyhill and was sold in stores for upwards of $500! What a steal! I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. It is great for added storage to our dining room.

Here is another shot of our before dining room. Again, sans window treatments.
This was the table that I found online that I was going to get. There is a place close by that could have ordered it for me. I really liked it, but it is a bit plain and lacked the character I think I was really looking for in a new set.

And drum roll please.......


This is the table and chairs I ended up with. It is about 5" larger than my old one, and it has a leaf that can be added for large dinners. The drawer under will be great for extra storage, and I can just imagine my children playing hide-n-seek on that little shelf! Ha!!! It is hard to tell from the photos, but the top has a scalloped edge that is so unique! And it is distressed with cherry wood underneath that really makes it tie into my sideboard well.
Here is another photo of the table. This one has the extensions on it to make it more of a pub table height. We won't use that because we got the shorter chairs and that height isn't toddler friendly. And we are going to have one of those in a few years!


Okay, I realize this is not the best photo of the chairs, but it was all I could find. They are very whimsical! I just love them. I actually purchased 6. 2 are just like this one. The other 4 are captain's chairs that have arms. Very comfy!!!

I will do my best to post pics once I get the room back together. Come to think of it, I am going to have a LOT of pictures to post once this reno is done...if we ever get there!!!!!

Have a lovely day!!!

Rachel

3 comments:

Lori said...

Love the new furniture! It will look great in your room! And you're right about the sideboard...it is fabulous! Cant wait to see it all put together!

Tara G. said...

Rachel- LOVE the table!!! Can't wait to see it all in the room!! How is your little jelly bean?! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

I was going through some modern designs on Dining Room Tables And Chairs and I found amazing collection.