I cannot believe that one month ago today, we welcomed our second child, our first son, into this world!!! In some ways, it seems like just yesterday, and in other ways it feels like he has always been here! Funny how that works!
I was really awful with keeping stats and updates on Ava her first year, so I really want to do a better job with Archer. So here goes...
Archer's First Month!
WeightLast time you were weighed, you were 9lbs 9oz, but that was about two weeks ago, so I am guessing you are over 10 lbs now!!! You're a big boy!
LengthI have no idea! But you are LONG LONG LONG! When you stretch out, I just crack up! You are so long!
ClothesYou are now wearing 3 month clothing and size 1 diapers! It took Ava forever to get into those sizes, but you grew right on into them! She was so skinny, and you are a chunky monkey!
NicknamesArch, Bub, Bubs, Bubba, Brother, Chubs, Chubby Chub
FoodYou are exclusively breastfed, although we are going to try a bottle (of breast milk) tonight. I am hoping that you will take a bottle so daddy will be able to feed you some! You want to nurse every 1.5-2 hours usually, although sometimes (only during the day) you will go up to 3.5-4 hours between feedings. You nurse anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour, and sometimes you do it just to calm down and fall asleep. You are now on reflux medicine and that has helped your tummy issues a lot! You have a really loud belly but it doesn't seem to bother you like it did. You are also very gassy regardless of what I eat, but you seem to handle it pretty well.
SleepHAHA! Yeah right! You are not big on sleeping, although the last few nights have been better- or at least more predictable, than before. I might break out the "Happiest Baby on the Block" book soon. It never worked with Ava. But I am willing to give it a try with you, too.
Fun Stuff*You love your owl mobile that is on your pack & play. That is about the only way I am able to get a shower these days!
*You are pretty spoiled and want to be held ALL THE TIME! I am trying to get you out of that habit because it seems to be ME that has to hold you, and sometimes mommy need her hands!
* You HATE your carseat until the car is moving, then you usually fall asleep.
* You surprisingly enjoy bathtime and it seems to calm you down.
* You scream anytime you get your clothes changed, but getting your diaper changed calms you down, even if you are not dirty! I think you just like being naked!
* You like to be rocked, bounced, swung- anything movement puts you to sleep. Or at least calms you down for a bit.
* You are a bit on the fussy side, but I think it is because you are such a big boy that you just stay hungry all the time. I want to breastfeed you until you are at least a year old, but realistically I am not sure if that is going to be possible. I also think your reflux, while better, is still giving you issues. Although you rarely spit up (praise the Lord!).
* You love to sit up in my lap, look around, and especially look at our faces and the cross wall!
* You hold your head up so well and are very strong.
* You love to have your back patted and I can usually get you to sleep that way.
* You hate pacifiers but will suck your hand or thumb if you can find them- which you are getting much better at doing!
Archer, we love you so much! Happy one month birthday, sweet boy!!!