Saturday, September 5, 2009

Lately....

So it's been a while since I last posted anything. No good reason, really. Just been a little under the weather and out of touch. Oh, and Cole was home after 5 weeks away. That kept me busy! :)

Things have changed a bit in Rachel-land, and I wanted to update my faithful 10 followers. I quit my job. I hate saying that. I resigned my position. That sounds so much better! As many of you know, I was a preschool teacher. And I loved it. But we had already had an outbreak of Swine Flu on campus, and as you may know that is very bad for pregnant women. And I am CMV negative, so that was an added concern. For those of you who don't know, CMV is a virus that most people are exposed to and have developed antibodies to by the time they reach adulthood. 85-95% of adults have had it. But I haven't. Which is actually a really good thing because, since I am also O negative blood type, that means that the blood I donate can be used for cancer patients and newborn babies. But it also means that if I were to get it while pregnant, it could cause a wide and scary range of complications. My boss was very nice about it, and this past Wednesday was my last day. So now I am, not unemployed, but a housewife and future stay-at-home mommy.

Now that is not to say I want to sit around all day and eat bonbons. Actually, I am desperate to find something to do. The problem is that I am limited to what I can do. Working with children is out, since that is why I left in the first place. And retail is out too, because I have a nerve issue, and if I stand for more than 30 minutes, my back and left leg are in excruciating pain. So finding a part time job that requires no standing, and is pretty much temporary since I want to stay home with the baby and is a "low risk" for infection has proven pretty difficult. But I am working on it. I used to be in marketing, so I might try to find something back in that arena...who knows....

I also have an idea for a home business up my sleeve. It was something I was going to start after the baby arrived, but since this has happened, I figure now is the perfect time to just take a deep breath and go for it. Cole is a little more reluctant than I am. He doesn't understand the potential. Let's just say this is more a "girl" thing... :) More to come on that in a few weeks!

We are really enjoying our kitchen! It's so nice to have it back. I still have a few more boxes to unpack, but most everything is in and works great!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day weekend...and GO HOGS!!!! ;)

2 comments:

Tara G. said...

Rachel! I had no idea you were pregnant and that is probably because I am so bad about adding blogs to follow! So congratulations! (and I'm following now!)

Shannon said...

Hi! We do not have a girl's name at all. Those are so hard for me! Do y'all have names picked out?