***I am now a monthly blogger on Defying Disabilities, so I am writing about Ava there now mostly. Check it out! It is a great blog!!! My sweet boy is now 7 months. Well, technically, 7 months and one day! HAHA! Yesterday was a little bit of a busy day, and I honestly didn't even realize that it was his monthly birthday. Time flies when you are having fun. Or sleep deprived. Time flies then, too.
Archer, here is a snapshot of you at 7 months old...
LengthAt your last doctors appointment (6 month checkup) you were 29", which put you in the 99% for length! You continue to get longer and longer, and I have a feeling you are going to be a tall boy!
I don't know how tall you are, but your walker and bouncer are both on the tallest settings!
ClothesYou now wear all 9-12 month clothes now, although there are a few 6 month things that are big enough for you still. It is getting harder and harder to keep you in clothes! You have been wearing hats and sunglasses too, since we are spending more time outside (which you love!). Your socks are 12-18 month socks- you have HUGE feet! We have stopped using footed PJs for you because your feet are just too big for them! Thankfully I have been able to find some two piece PJs for you, although most nights you are happy to just wear a onesie to bed.
NicknamesArch, Bub, Bubs, Bubba, Brother, Chubs, Chunky Monkey, BuddaBall, Chubbers, Archie-Boy (I am the only one who is allowed to call him that...he will NOT be called "Archie" if I can help it!)
I have heard several family members call him "Archie" lately...that must stop.
We are struggling with sleep right now. You refuse to sleep in your own bed and you don't fall asleep on your own. You have to be rocked to sleep, usually while nursing. You also all but refuse a paci at night and fight sleep so hard! We have been working on it and I would like to have you sleeping through the night in your own bed by 9 months. Thankfully, your crying doesn't seem to bother Ava as she sleeps in the next room, so we are able to let you cry it out some.
Fun Stuff- some are the same from months 1-6!
* You are so ready to be on the move so you can explore! I can just *see* you wanting to get into everything!
* We moved you to your convertible car seat, and you like it better once you are in it, but the process of putting you in your carseat is still a fight.
* You have decided that you hate bathtime. You also hate swimming. Bummer.
* You still love to be naked! You just smile and smile when you are stripped down!
* Your fussy times come and go throughout the day, but are now connected with something obvious- being tired, wanting to be held, etc. So that is nice because I know how to help you or I know that you are just crying because you didn't get your way.
* You love to sit but you would much rather be standing up! You can pull up to a stand on your toys and sometimes the couch.
* You are SOOOO CLOSE to crawling! Any day now you will figure it out! You can still spin and roll all over the place. I also think you are a bit of a "scooter" when sitting!
* You chew on your paci more than suck, but that is because you are teething! You have one tooth already and another one quickly coming!
Archer- happy 7 month birthday!!! You are getting to be such a big, happy, fun, and outgoing boy! We love you so much and you have brought so much joy and happiness to our lives! We love you, and we thank the Lord each day for you! I pray that your daddy and I can honor God and raise you into the man He wants you to be!
~Mommy, Daddy, and Sister (Ava)