Monday, October 22, 2012

Worrying, Walking, Wondering

This is a random post, so sorry!!!

Worrying:

I have really been worried a lot lately. Worried about Archer's health (no reason, just being mom), worried about getting everything done that needs to get done, worried about Ava and how she will adjust to life with a baby brother, worried about how WE will adjust to having a newborn... I could go on and on. And I know I shouldn't worry. The Lord will take care of it all and I need to trust him. I was texting with Cole the other day while he was at work (don't worry, he wasn't flying!) and telling him how crazy it is that we are going to have a newborn in 59 days or less and how stressed it makes me feel... and he texted back Luke 12:25... "And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?" I needed that. Life is so precious and short to worry with things that I have no control over. Let go and let God. Amen!

Walking:

We visited my mom at work today. They have a long hallway full of offices. She spent about 10 minutes walking up and down the hallway visiting with everyone, climbing in laps, stealing things off of desks... they just love her! And who can blame them! I finally grabbed my phone thinking as soon as I turned the camera on, she would want to sit and crawl. NOPE! She showed off BIG TIME! And she didn't even have on her good walking shoes! So incredibly proud of my sweet girl!!!

Here is the video I took...couldn't you just eat her up!?!?!



I am going to get in trouble by her PT for the Toms. But they are so cute and easy! For those that are wondering, her "good" walking shoes are her Nike tennis shoes. Her PT says that Nike has the best support for early walkers, so if you have a toddler just starting to walk, I highly suggest investing in a pair of Nikes for them!!! Her's also have inserts, but she does well without the inserts too. They just help keep her from turning her feet out so much.


Wondering:

We have a big weekend ahead! I have a hair appointment, baby shower, and we are going to be doing the board and batten in Archer's room. I have taken measurements and am working on figuring up how much wood we need. This is not my strong suit. At all. Thankfully Cole is MUCH better at this stuff than me, so I will have him check everything when he gets home. I am excited about doing the work. Cole has never used a chop saw before. I have, and feel very comfortable with that part. The part that worries me is the angles. I have never been good at figuring out angles, so it should be interesting! Those that have done board and batten treatments (and this is the wondering...), what was the hardest part to you???

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you got this on video! I'm sitting here crying as I watch this beautiful girl WALKING! God is so good, and he is already working in this precious child's life! I'm so glad you write about it so we can celebrate & enjoy her with you! GOOD JOB AVA!!!!!