Actually, Archer is closer to 13 months. But between work, the party and the holidays, I have not had time to sit and write this all down. And when I have had time, I haven't had the energy!
I will try to do a party post soon. But if you want to see some pictures, and are on instagram, you can search #archerisone ! Now, on to the stats!
As usual, some things are the same from previous months...
LengthYou are still TALL TALL TALL! You are almost as tall as your sister! It is so funny! You are about the height of a 15-18 month old I think. You are in the 95% for your age, and are often mistaken for being older.
ClothesYou wear all 18-24 months clothing! I finally cleaned out your closet, and did a little shopping for you. Hopefully we have what we need for winter!
NicknamesArch, Bub, Bubs, Bubba, Brother, Chubs, Chunky Monkey, BuddaBall, Chubbers, Archie-Boy (I am the only one who is allowed to call him that...he will NOT be called "Archie" if I can help it!)
I have heard several family members call him "Archie" lately...that must stop.
You are now on organic whole milk, and love it! The transition was really easy for you. You love all sorts of food, and the more flavor something has, the better! You love to eat guacamole, lasagna, spaghetti, ravioli, all fruits, and many veggies! You are also a BIG fan of meat! Any meat we put in front of you, you gobble down! I am so glad you are a good eater!!!
You pretty much go down at night without much fuss. You are taking two naps a day, and in general sleep really well. You very rarely get up at night. And honestly, it is about time! HA!
- Ava (he tries, but it comes out Awa)
- Uh oh
- Bite (comes out "bi bi")
Uh oh is your favorite word, and it is so funny when you say it! You have also started saying "mmmmm" when you are eating, and we are working on saying "woah!" I don't know why. I guess I think it would be cute!
Fun Stuff- some are the same from months 1-11!
* You smile and laugh a lot! Especially in the mornings! That seems to be your happiest time of the day, after you have had your "coffee" (aka milk).
* My prediction that you would be a full time walker by your 1st birthday was correct! You walk everywhere now, and are starting to try to run. You get better each day and we are now working on walking in shoes.
* You are so funny and have a great sense of humor! You love to laugh and play games!
* You play peek a boo, chase (with Wesley and Daddy mostly), and "monkey see, monkey do" (we do something, like stick our tongue out, then he does it) all the time.
* You love puzzles and books.
* You have finally decided that you love bathtime! And even enjoy it with sister in there with you! So we are back to double bathtime, and it is so fun! Messy, but fun! She loves to shampoo your hair for you, and you are such a sweet brother and let her!
*You are fascinated with hairbrushes! You love to carry them with you and you even try to brush mine and sister's hair! It is so sweet!
* You still love to be naked! You just smile and smile when you are stripped down! And you try to bolt from me when I am changing your diaper!
* You are pretty much only fussy when something is wrong or you are not getting your way, or you are tired. At least now we can identify WHY you are fussing. That makes things a lot better!
* You now have EIGHT teeth! 4 on top and 4 on bottom. You are working on your molars. They may be in but I am not brave enough to stick my fingers in your mouth.
* You are very tolerant of your sister, and have really started watching and smiling at her. I think the two of you are going to be very close! Although you do love to pull her hair!!! Y'all have started interacting more and more, and it melts my heart to watch!
* You still prefer mommy, but are starting to really like that daddy guy, too!
* You give kisses and blow kisses on a regular basis. And you are a BIG flirt!!!
* You are very shy around new people, but warm up fast, especially if it is a pretty girl! You love to wave and will just keep waving at someone.
* You still love to clap and you have even taught your sister how to clap again! She had lost that skill but has picked it back up from you! You are such a good brother!
* You have now started doing more with your right hand. So I don't know how your handedness will go? Time will tell! I don't care either way, but it is fun to watch you develop preferences.
* You still LOVE Billy, and he loves you! He doesn't like it when you cry at night, and he will get mommy up to see about you every time!
* You climb on everything now. From the couch to sisters bed to your anywhere chair...if you can reach it, it is fair game!!!
Archer- Happy 1st birthday sweet boy! Mommy loves you so very much, and I am so proud of the boy you are growing into. You are kind and sweet and patient, and so very loving. You are also really funny and happy. You are a great little brother to a very special sister, and I want you to always understand that, even though Daddy and I might have to spend a little more time or effort on Ava, we love you just as much and are just as proud of you!!! You are your own person, and Daddy and I will always love and support you no matter what you do in life- and I know you will do great things with your life! You are smart, sweet, handsome, and precious, and I am so blessed to be your mommy. I love you. We all love you!
-Mommy, Daddy, and Ava