I cannot believe it. I cannot believe that my baby boy is already 1/2 a year old. The last 6 months have been a wild ride, and I have loved every second of having my sweet boy around! Even the long hard nights and restless days. Watching him grow and develop has been such a joy. As a second time mom, I think I appreciate things a bit more because I fully understand just how short these times are. But also as a special needs mom, I know not to take any moment or any milestone, no matter how small, for granted. I have to watch myself and balance that with not spoiling him rotten!!! Although I will say that- be it because he is my second or just typical- I do not have the same overly protective, almost obsessive need to be with him every second. Sadly, he didn't get that memo! He is a MAMA'S BOY!!!! And I just love it! I will add pictures later (when my camera charges so I can take them!).
LengthYou are still very long, and are in the higher percentiles for sure! You are over 28" now, and we will find out your percentile at the doctor's office. But you are a tall boy for sure. In fact, a lady at Kroger yesterday didn't believe me that you were only 6 months. She kept asking me if I was sure of your age! HAHA!
ClothesYou now wear all 6-9 and 9-12 month clothes now. It is getting harder and harder to keep you in clothes! You have been wearing hats and sunglasses too, since we are spending more time outside (which you love!). Your socks are 12-18 month socks- you have HUGE feet!
NicknamesArch, Bub, Bubs, Bubba, Brother, Chubs, Chunky Monkey, BuddaBall, Chubbers, Archie-Boy (I am the only one who is allowed to call him that...he will NOT be called "Archie" if I can help it!)
You are sleeping more and more at night these days, and I LOVE IT! Still not through the night, but I am hopeful! You still don't like taking naps, but I am trying to solidify your routine, so I think that will help. You are STILL co-sleeping with mommy and daddy, but that is about to change. You hate your bed and laying down alone, but we are going to try some different methods and work out one that works for us. You need to learn to love your bed. Stinker! :) You are a morning kid like mommy used to be. Emphasis on past tense. It is okay to sleep in on weekends, buddy!
Fun Stuff- some are the same from months 1-5!
* You love to bat at things and love to stare at yourself in the mirror and look at lights and fans!
* You have started tolerating your carseat better, which has been nice!
* You have decided that you hate bathtime. You also hate swimming. Bummer.
* You still love to be naked! You just smile and smile when you are stripped down!
* You are only fussy in the evenings now, and those times seem to be getting shorter and shorter!
* You are sitting all on your own now! It is so fun and you prefer that to laying down.
* You can now spin around when on your belly, and you are starting to get up on all 4's. I think you will be crawling by this time next month!
* You have started taking a paci on a regular basis. It still isn't "needed" for you, but you will take it and enjoy it some, too. You really like that you can put it in your mouth all by yourself!
Archer- happy 6 month birthday!!! You are getting to be such a big, happy, fun, and outgoing boy! We love you so much and you have brought so much joy and happiness to our lives! We love you, and we thank the Lord each day for you! I pray that your daddy and I can honor God and raise you into the man He wants you to be!
~Mommy, Daddy, and Sister (Ava)