A few days late! But better late than never!
LengthYou are still TALL TALL TALL! You are almost as tall as your sister! It is so funny! You are about the height of a 15-18 month old I think.
ClothesYou wear all 18-24 months clothing! I finally cleaned out your closet, and did a little shopping for you. Hopefully we have what we need for winter!
NicknamesArch, Bub, Bubs, Bubba, Brother, Chubs, Chunky Monkey, BuddaBall, Chubbers, Archie-Boy (I am the only one who is allowed to call him that...he will NOT be called "Archie" if I can help it!)
I have heard several family members call him "Archie" lately...that must stop.
We had to give up nursing- mommy's milk just couldn't keep up. You now take 8-12 oz of formula at a meal, and eat table food and some baby foods, although we really tried to move on from baby foods. I do give you the baby food "meals" that have meat in them because I am still scared to give you meat. We do skin turkey dogs (thanks to mommy's friend Kristin for that idea!) and you seem to love that! You are a big eater and are not too picky. Yet.
You pretty much go down at night without much fuss. You are taking two naps a day, and in general sleep really well. You very rarely get up at night. And honestly, it is about time! HA!
- Ava (he tries, but it comes out Awa)
- Uh oh
Fun Stuff- some are the same from months 1-10!
* You smile and laugh a lot! Especially in the mornings! That seems to be your happiest time of the day, after you have had your "coffee" (aka milk).
* You walk and cruise everywhere almost! You still crawl when you want to get somewhere fast, but you walk so much now!!! I think you will be a full time walker by your 1st birthday!
* You stand up on your own all the time. It is no biggie for you. Such a strong baby!
* You are still not a big fan of the carseat, but you are much better.
* You have finally decided that you love bathtime! And even enjoy it with sister in there with you! So we are back to double bathtime, and it is so fun! Messy, but fun! She loves to shampoo your hair for you, and you are such a sweet brother and let her!
*You are fascinated with hairbrushes! You love to carry them with you and you even try to brush mine and sister's hair! It is so sweet!
* You still love to be naked! You just smile and smile when you are stripped down! And you try to bolt from me when I am changing your diaper!
* You are pretty much only fussy when something is wrong or you are not getting your way, or you are tired. At least now we can identify WHY you are fussing. That makes things a lot better!
* You now have EIGHT teeth! 4 on top and 4 on bottom.
* You are very tolerant of your sister, and have really started watching and smiling at her. I think the two of you are going to be very close! Although you do love to pull her hair!!! Y'all have started interacting more and more, and it melts my heart to watch!
* You still prefer mommy, but are starting to really like that daddy guy, too!
* You give kisses now! And you will blow kisses on occasion!
* You are still waving- albeit a very awkward, uncoordinated wave- at everyone you see! You are starting to get a little shy, though, and sometimes bury your head in my shoulder when someone talks to you. You get that from Daddy. Your separation anxiety is in full swing now, too! Oh boy, that is fun! HA!
* You still love to clap and you have even taught your sister how to clap again! She had lost that skill but has picked it back up from you! You are such a good brother!
* You have now started doing more with your right hand. So I don't know how your handedness will go? Time will tell! I don't care either way, but it is fun to watch you develop preferences.
* You still LOVE Billy, and he loves you! He doesn't like it when you cry at night, and he will get mommy up to see about you every time!
Archer- Happy 11 Months, sweet baby boy!!!! You are getting to be such a big, happy, fun, and outgoing boy! It is hard to believe that you are almost a big one year old! Mommy is working hard to plan your first birthday party, and while I know you won't remember it when you are big, I hope you look back at the photos and see all of the hard work we did and know just how much we love you and wanted to celebrate your being in our lives. We love you so much and you have brought so much joy and happiness to our lives! We love you, and we thank the Lord each day for you! I pray that your daddy and I can honor God and raise you into the man He wants you to be!
-Mommy, Daddy, and Ava